Monday, December 31, 2012

Just don't do it...

It is the beginning of a new year and we are all excited to get started on new things. Especially all the 365 projects, the index card a day, the ATC Daily projects and so on. I start at least a couple of these projects every year, but not this time. I have never finished any of these projects so why set myself up for failure again. Nope, not this time. I am going to spend 2013 finishing up all previously started journals and hopefully work on a few new ones.

The last few days I have worked on the covers on a couple of larger size journals. A 7x10 inch and a 9x12 inch journal. They are cheap Canson Mix Media journals I bought at Michael's BOGO sale a few days ago. On the smaller one I did put '2013' on the cover and I plan on it being my main journal for the year.

That is the only commitment I will make for 2013. No promises of making 365 ATC's, or write so many journal pages. I alway end up disappointed in March when I realize I am 2 months behind. So this year I just wont do it.

Do you have plans for a year long project? Have you made such commitments before? If so, did you finish it?

If you decide to follow me into a 2013 without daily promises, but still would like a little help in means of prompts, ideas, and challenges you can always check out some of my past challenges and of course check in here regularly for new prompts and challenges.

Hope you have a wonderful New Years Eve. If you must venture out, please be careful!

And remember when art journaling it is not about the beginning or the end. It is all about the process. The journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment