Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Challenge - Week 07

NOTE: I changed the number of the challenges so they will match the number of the member downloads. Just to make it easier on me. So there is no #6.

This weeks challenge is a super easy one.

Yesterday I shared some buildings in the weekly member download, so this week for the challenge I would like you to use them. Or use other buildings. If you do hands-on journaling you can print the ones I provides, cut out your own, or just draw or paint some. If you are doing this exercise digitally, you can use the ones from the download, or others you might already have.
I want you to use the buildings as a focal point on your page. Maybe they symbolize something, or maybe they are accompanying a quote or a poem. It is up to you. Just have fun using the buildings.

REMEMBER: Art Journaling is not about the beginning or the end. It is all about the process.

Have Fun!

And if you do feel up to it, please share pages at our Flickr gallery HERE

SAMPLE:

This is a VERY simple page I just made. Took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish. I chose a page in my journal that already had some color on it (green page from last weeks challenge). I cut 2 buildings and 2 rooftops out of an old dictionary. Glued them onto my painted background. Then I added some gesso that I scraped on with a plastic card. I dried it with my hair dryer. Then I highlighted the edges of the buildings and rooftops with black coloring pencil. Wrote the word "Empty", and Done!.
I didn't put much thought into this one. And I had not planned on stopping when I did. But when I saw those empty buildings I just didn't feel like I had to add any more. Sometimes, less is more.
This is one of the reasons I like to just add color to my art journal pages. That way they are there when I need them. I usually make backgrounds when I feel a block. Usually it will get me out of the funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment