Thursday, August 30, 2012

ATTENTION MEMBERS: Challenges pt. 2

If some of you are still interested in doing hands-on journal challenges I could do some for minimalistic art journaling. I think what keeps a lot of people who are used to doing digital away from doing hands-on is the amount of supplies. I am working on some kits right now that are so small that they can fit in a large envelope. Only thing the person have to add themselves is a pack of crayons, coloring pencils, a small watercolor set, and the journal. I will probably sell these kits for about $25-$30 + shipping, but they will have everything for a beginner. Lots of fun stuff.
We will be on the road more or less all winter, so I will be working out of my travel kit. So doing some fun minimalistic journal challenges might work for all of us. This is of course in addition to the digital (word) challenges.

Let me know if someone is interested in some minimalistic art journaling (no you dont have to buy my kit to participate).

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try minimalism art journaling. I don't have the physical supplies so I would consider purchasing a kit for it. I would gladly help in any way that I can.
    If you decide to incorporate digital in this new endeavor, I could do some digi work if you want to show it digi style too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try getting the kits up as soon as possible. Maybe do a couple of challenges and we can see if it is for you. I love having my art kits small so I can take them with me. In reality once can art journal with just a paper and a pencil. Art journaling is journaling with art incorporate. So writing about your day (or inserting a quote) and then doodle in the margin is really art journaling. It is just after it got so popular online that it exploded into this thing where you "must" have so many supplies and stuff to art journal.
    With me spending a few months (maybe more) in an RV, I HAVE to cut back on art supplies. So art journaling will be taken back to the "roots" and I will be doing some very basic stuff.
    I dont know how to incorporate it into digital, cause digital really is the simplest form when considering supplies. But I think maybe allowing "white space" is a great step toward minimalistic digital art journaling. We can work on that.

    Remember you are always welcome to contact me directly as well through email : imsoto2@gmail.com if you have something you want to talk about. Show me. Or have questions or suggestions.

    I really think with the combination of what we already do here and some new fun stuff this could be great for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete