Wednesday, May 30, 2012

REMINDER: Gallery

Just wanted to remind you that if you havent already, you should join our Flickr gallery. Even if you don't want to upload your own art, then at least to see art by our other members.

Looking at art, be it in our gallery, art books and other publications, in real life art galleries, etc. can be a huge inspiration to get going with your own art. Just seeing how other people play with colors and shapes can spark a new idea in your mind and will help you get started. I recommend that you take a couple of minutes each day to just observe.

You can join our Flickr Gallery [HERE]
When you get to the page, you will see a link under the Title that says {Join this Group}. Just click that!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

1 comment:

  1. I read in an article somewhere that it is very important for artists, and others of a creative bent, to take artist dates. Time (usually by themselves or with others of a like mind) where they set aside an uninterrupted block to just look at and observe the world around them (be it natural or man made) and be inspired and filled up. I have been doing it for 2 years now - and I am a believer. Sometimes I just go online, sometimes I go to 'real' galleries' sometimes I go to the market or the mall and just window shop. Whatever I feel I need. I will look at where I read that and send you the article.

    ReplyDelete