Friday, June 8, 2012

Challenge - Dance

We all dance at some point in our lives, be it at a ball, wedding, or possibly when we are all alone. Maybe you do not dance. Maybe you only dance in your thoughts, dreams, and heart. I love to dance when I am alone. All alone.

In this challenge I would like you to make a page

1: where you journal about when you like to dance. Do you love going to big balls so you can put on a flowing gown and waltz all night long, or do you love to hit the clubs and boogie (or whatever the young people call it these day) to some loud music, or maybe you only dance when no one can see you.

-or-

2: using a quote or poem as inspiration.

-or-

3: where you share why you don't dance.

Feel free to read through the quotes, poetry, etc, below to use as your inspiration.

Dance [link to Wikipedia]

Dance - definitions:
intransitive verb
1: to engage in or perform a dance
2: to move or seem to move up and down or about in a quick or lively manner
transitive verb
1: to perform or take part in as a dancer
2: to cause to dance
3: to bring into a specified condition by dancing

Titles:
1: All She Wants to Do is Dance
2: Dance Allows Your Dreams to Speak
3: Dance Any Way You Wanna
4: I Dance, Therefore I Am
5: Dance like no one is watching
6: Why Walk When You Can Dance?

Quotes:
1: Anyone who thinks only sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.
2: Let us read and let us dance. Two amusements that will never do any harm to the world. (Voltaire)
3: Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time, like dew on the tip of a leaf.
4: Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
5: You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart.
6: We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Live Your Life

Dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never get hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
Live like there's heaven on earth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Dance by Garth Brooks

Lookin' back,
On the memory of
The dance we shared,
Beneath the stars above
For a moment,
All the world was right
How could I have known,
That you'd ever say goodbye?

And now,
I'm glad I didn't know
The way It all would end
The way It all would go
Our lives,
Are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain,
But I'da had to miss the dance.

Holding you,
I held everything
For a moment,
Wasn't I a king?
But If I'd only known,
How the king would fall
Hey who's to say,
You know I might have changed it all

And now,
I'm glad I didn't know
The way It all would end
The way It all would go
Our lives,
Are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain,
But I'da had to miss the dance

It's my life,
It's better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'da had to miss,
The dance
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you have fun doing this challenge.

REMEMBER: Art Journaling is not about the beginning or the end. It is all about the process. The Journey!

And if you feel up to it, please share pictures of your art journal pages at our Flickr gallery HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment